I'd been wanting to write a 'What's in my handbag' type post for a little while, so when I saw that MoneySupermarket.com was running a competition to win a Mulberry Handbag (eek!) just for writing such a post, I wrote up my post straight away! http://www.FashionPerks.co.uk are also offering 6 runners up £25 Asos vouchers each! *Beware, this is a photo-heavy post!* If you want to enter, click here for the details, and do let me know if you've done one of these posts; they're one of my favourites to read (probably because I'm wayyy to nosy). I also want to tag some of my favourite bloggers to do their own post and enter the competition: Ahem It's Emme, Carrie Brighton, A Scottish Lass, Ellis Rose and Simply Abby.
So, my handbag that I'm currently carrying is the Rebecca Minkoff 'Mini Mac' (Morning After Clutch) in black, with rose-gold hardware. This bag has done the rounds in the Youtube and Blogging communities, and I had wanted it for over a year when I finally caved and purchased it last week from Shopbop. It comes in various colours and several different sizes too, but I went for their smallest version, and picked black since that makes it more versatile. For a designer handbag, it's not too expensive, and even this mini size holds more than you would expect, so I'd 100% recommend this bag. It comes with it's own dustbag, which matches the interior lining, and the straps are adjustable to a shorted length, or removable completely. The leather is beautiful and feels ridiculously soft and smooth.
Now on to what's actually in my bag! This bag has the main compartment, two inner small pockets, and a small zipped compartment under the clasp on the front. In that front pocket I keep:
- My favourite face powder, Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
- A concealer for touch-ups; Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in Shade 1 Fair.
The inner pockets are a good place to keep things that need to be easily accessible:
- My phone (the Nokia Lumia 620) which is safe in the pocket from scraches from keys
- A couple of tissues
- My travel wallet, in which I keep my cards, ID and a bit of cash
Here's the content of my entire bag! It holds a lot more than you would think, and there's also space left over for my digital camera if I wanted to take that out too! I tend to take my re-usable Starbucks tumbler with me separately if I'm taking a drink as well. So here's what else I've got in there:
- Mints, for fresh breath!
- My Travelo which holds my signature perfume; Hugo Boss' Deep Red
- A Nars Blush, which I actually just have in there for the mirror for touch ups!
- A little packet full of painkillers and plasters just in case
- Boots Oil-absorbing blotting sheets, for if my face gets oily
- My favourite MAC lipstick in 'Jubilee' (see my review here)
- A Burt's Bees Lipbalm
- A Nail file
- Some throat lozenges (Tyrozetes)
- A mini Moleskine notebook for lists (I LOVE LISTS!)
- A pen
- My keys
- A Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in 'Kiss Me Coral'
- A Body Shop Mango Handcream
- A hairband and a few kirby-grips
MoneySupermarket.com also wants to know how much the contents of your bag adds up to (including the bag itself!) , which I thought was interesting, so I've added up everything, and the grand total is (approx)...
So that's what's in my handbag! Comment below if you've done a similar post, and don't forget to enter the competition!