Now that my last piece of uni work has been handed in, it's time to officially start wedding planning! (You can read my engagement story here). Unfortunately my fiance has a few more weeks left of exams before he can start helping me with it all, but I'm so ready to start! Even though I worked in a luxury Wedding Venue for a couple of years, I feel I have a lot to learn about Weddings, receptions, traditions, etc. I couldn't resist buying a Wedding Magazine - even though everything is online nowadays, it's nice to sit down with an actual magazine. I'm so excited to share my wedding planning over the next 12(ish) months with you!
Useful Resources I've found so far:
- Bride De Force. Fleur De Force's sister is a wedding planner, so has some really useful video resources on this Youtube channel. The most useful videos so far have been 'Wedding Timeline and Checklist' and 'The Wedding Schedule'. These give you a great starting point for thinking about everything you're going to have to do, and approximately when all those things need to get done!
- The Knot. There is just a crazy amount of stuff on this site, but it's really easy to navigate, and I think will be a much-used website over the next few months.
Wedding Planning bits to do in the next two months:
- Take official engagement photos. This makes us sound like royalty or something, but I really want to get some nice shots of us, which we could then potentially use on our Save The Date cards!
- Go to a Wedding Fair together
- Get a firmer idea of the 'feel' and 'vibe' we want for the Wedding day.
- Decide on our Wedding party and ask them! (bridesmaids, ushers, best man)
- Set a budget
- Get an idea of guest numbers
- Decide on a Church and...
- Set the date!
It's going to be an exciting first few months! Please let me know of any great resources you've used or are using to plan your wedding! Any tips you have (big or small) would also be very much appreciated.